How This Aldi Yogurt Container Saved My Sanity!

How this Aldi yogurt container saved my sanity!

So, YES! this Aldi yogurt literally saved my sanity. Stick around and I'll show you how! I don't know about you, but I struggle daily to "on purpose" give my toddler something to do other than watch Netflix. Haha.. I do have specific times he can watch and maybe it's just me,but it is a challenge to get him to release the tablet or phone!! Anyways... Before you click off this page... I'm not saying Netflix is bad, its just I don't want my kids to spend all day on Netflix. :) Granted. My 2 year old has learned so much from different educational shows, but I also want to be a part of his learning stage.

Ok OK.. Back to the yogurt container!! I digressed... Sorry. ;)

I had seen a picture on Pinterest the other day with different inside activities for younger children, and it gave me a really awesome idea. Well.. At least for me it was awesome. I think the coolest thing about it is that I thought about it, and actually was able to do it! It didn't take very long. I'm talking 30 minutes, even with taking pictures. I wanted to share it with those moms that may or may not have the same struggle I have with entertaining their little ones, unless it makes noise. I was so excited to see my LO play with it, take it with him, and even go to sleep with his" yogurt container toy". Let's get to the instructions and see how simple it is! What you'll need:
Styrofoam plate Cleat packing tape Decorative masking tape Scissors Empty yogurt container (or any empty container really ;)..I used yogurt because my LO loves yogurt! Permanent marker of your choice. (I used green (not pictured) and black) Step 1: Get creative,don't be perfect and start cutting up the plate. I used lots of squares and rectangles and a circle. I will be adding to the collection now that I saw how easy and fun it was.
Step 2: Color the shapes with the permanent marker or you can get your decorative masking tape and tape up the shapes. If you choose the clear packing tape it acts like a laminator. This should last a long time. I love that part about it.
mommyandbabyblog.com


Step 3: Get your decorative tape out and wrap the container with it. Again.. Don't make it hard. Mine was far from perfect and it still looked decent and my little boy loved it.



Step 4: Cut an "X" on the lid of your container, clip the little points off the top, then get your clear packing tape and cover the edges so your little one won't get cut by the plastic.

Step 5: Give your toddler a go at it. You try it first and then let them try!



That's it!
I was skeptical at first, because I didn't know how long he would play with it but he played with it for about 10-15 minutes and then he did something else and then I called his attention to it again and he played some more.

Now if you see in the  picture that I didn't cover the top,it's because I wanted my little guy to see what it was before he was so excited about it. It made it more personal and he got to see the transformation of his favorite snack. :)
Yes! This yogurt container saved my sanity because now I know that he can have fun with this simple container and he doesn't feel like he can not be entertained without watching something! Hope you enjoyed this! I'll be making more shapes and numbers and letters too. I'll update the blog with the new items I added to his container. Till next time!

I know there are some really neat decorative tape. If you tried this, I would love to see it, comment with a link to it please!

Top Posts